You see sometimes it’s nice to just curl up on the couch and watch some T.V. – the invention of the PVR means that what you are curling up to watch is actually something you desired to watch enough to take the time to record. No channel surfing picking the least mind numbing thing. Not to say I don’t enjoy some
Last night I had some spare time and was home alone so I curled up with a tea and caught up on some Oprah Lifeclass episodes – I didn’t have a pile of time, but her shows are always so ridiculously loaded with commercials that being able to fast forward them means you can fit in a lot of show in a short amount of time – another great thing about the PVR.
So I’m not a huge fan of Oprah herself – I could write an entire post on this – in fact one day I think I will and I only record the shows she has where she is talking to someone I find interesting. I think Oprah does a lot of good with her platform, which is awesome, but I also find her to be a bit of a hypocrite as well…. Anyways like I said another post…
So the two shows I watched were with Pastor Rick Warren – the fellow that wrote The Purpose Drive Life.
I should have taken notes as I was watching – except I’m not a note taker and never refer back to them, but I thought this morning I would write down a few of the things Pastor Rick said that are still resonating with me today.
- God never wastes a hurt.
- Trying to be like people or be liked by people are the number two reasons you will miss your purpose.
- Humility does not mean downplaying your strengths it means being honest about your weaknesses
- S.H.A.P.E. (Spiritual Gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, Experience) helps you figure out God’s design for you
- Your choices shape your life, not your circumstances, not your chemistry…..
- You are not an accident
- It is NOT about you – you will only find significance when you find out how you were meant to serve people
- You can waste your life, you can spend your life or you can invest your life.
- Your purpose comes bit by bit – like the unrolling of a scroll or the developing of a picture… surrender and Let God…..
Okay those are the things that just popped up in my brain…… I’m super revved up today for some reason, praying you all have a blessed Thursday!!!!