adoption (4) Blessed Notes (71) blogging (7) contests (3) Extended Family (9) Giveaway (6) Growing Aches (1) Holidays (18) Hubby (17) List of Five (14) Marriage (18) parenting (19) Renovations (3) Reviews (14) Someday List (11) Tackle It Tuesday (17) Thankful Thursday (18) The Every Day (137) The Girls (20) The Healing Process (8) The List (18) work (8) Writing (6)
Thursday, January 31, 2013
February Someday Tasks
Something very strange and out of this world is going on. You see January is supposed to drag – this is the order of things, the natural orbit of the world. It’s snowy, cold and everyone is on a holiday hangover – you are back to work, back to the grind of school and lunches and the everyday…. Yep it’s a known fact January goes on and on and on……………..
Not this one and it doesn’t seem like it’s just me – everyone has been commenting on this phenomena – fellow bloggers, friends, family, even the anchor on Breakfast Television Calgary!!
The time has come to examine my January Someday Tasks – pulled from my 2013 Someday List – let’s see how I did…..
January Someday Tasks
1. Pick date and start planning Dead Celebrity Dinner – Done!
2. Determine what frames I need to buy – Done!
3. Visit dear senior friend – Not Done…
4. 10 sit ups and push ups each night – Not Done… (Did a couple of times, but not even close enough to say almost done.)
5. Take pictures @ New Years and Hubby’s birthday – Not Done…..
6. Swim once – Not Done……. (However this one I do have a valid excuse – the cleaner in the office I work in took the month off and so to earn some extra cash I stepped up to do the job – this means I am home late three nights a week. This, combined with my normal evening outings in a month I just couldn’t justify nor did I want to add another night out.)
7. Send 2 thank you cards – Done! (In fact I sent out more than 2)
*On a side note – I also got a box made to hold homemade cards – which was an unplanned step toward accomplishing number 15 on my Someday List – Have a box of handmade cards on hand.
So all in all I’m fairly happy with how things panned out for January – now on to February.
1. Actually put on Dead Celebrity Dinner – figure out costumes, decorations, meal……..
2. Take pictures at Dead Celebrity Dinner
3. Buy three of my needed frames
4. Scrap book four pages
5. Visit dear senior friend
6. 10 sit ups and push ups each night
7. Swim once
8. Send 2 Thank You cards
9. Make 3 handmade cards